Sunday, October 29, 2006

Daredevil


Carter could be described as a "scaredy" cat. If a cartoon he's watching has a scary character or makes scary noises then he wants to "hold mommy." So I assumed that bright lights, strangers, and crazy carnival rides would be a little intimidating. I was wrong. We went with the Jones' (Jason, Rebecca, Anderson & Sullivan) to the Gurdon Forest Festival Saturday night, they had a small midway with kiddie rides. It was a neat, small town thing. They also had free, live music all day and the last concert was Jody Evans (Nashville start top 3 and Arkadelphia cop). I think all of Gurdon was there. But back to Carter... the first ride Chris was able to ride with him and then he rode a couple of rides with Anderson (age 3). He loved it!! Chris didn't try to put him on the mini ferris wheel because he thought the whole cage thing might be a little much. But wrong again, Rebecca and I went with them the second time and Carter wanted to ride the Ferris Wheel, the attendant didn't want to let him on at first because the "cage" had to be balanced. Carter was not taking no for an answer. Anderson wanted to ride too and then 2 little girls walked up. So they packed the 4 kids in this tiny cage, I would have been having a claustrophobic fit. Not the boys they were squealing and waving and laughing and probably scaring the little girls to death. The last ride of the night...lady bugs, Carter yelled YEE-HAW the entire ride.

All of the excitement and I didn't have a camera!! Very Sad!!

1 comment:

c said...

NO CAMERA!!! Just kidding. I do hate it though when I do not have mine either and Anna does something for the first time. Shucks - maybe next time.