Tuesday, August 14, 2007

STANDING!!

It has been 11 long months, but Millie is FINALLY standing. She has been the funniest child. This past weekend she decided that maybe her legs are good for something. I'll ask her if she's ready and she puts her hands out for me to help her stand. She doesn't last long, but at least we know her legs work. I didn't think she'd be standing in her 1 year pics but YEA she will. This will make her little tutu look really cute!!

As an addition to the post from this weekend... she is now signing 'eat' and 'milk'.

I have to post all these mundane little facts because I'll never remember when they happened unless I write them down. With your first one everything is such a big deal you think you'll never forget. But guess what...you forget almost everything. It makes me sick that I didn't write more down with Carter. I guess I could make a lot of stuff up about him and in a few years I probably wouldn't remember that I made it up. Better not.

4 comments:

Jeremy Wolfe said...

I think it is a great idea to teach the little ones to sign their needs. We may have to copy that idea.

J. Wolfe

elaine said...

i second that, jeremy. we may need you guys to teach a sign language class!!!

Our Family said...

I don't know how good of a tutor I'd be...I just bought a book/video from amazon. It's the basics, we probably started doing a little around 6mo and then quite a bit around 8mo. At this point she's pretty much copying anything we show her so it's really easy. I don't remember the name of the video but it's by a guy with a big bushy mustache :) -Amy

patti said...

Hey babb family...so good to connect through the blogging world. Your kids are adorable.

I'm glad to hear that signing works well with your kiddos. Little G only seems interested in signing please for ice cream...he is his father's son!

Hope to see you all in person some day...until then we will be reading~ Greg, Patti, and Little G