Monday, July 16, 2007

THE SALEBARN

Growing up my dad had cows and I had one that was 'mine'. Whenever she had a calf to sell then I got the money and it went straight to the bank. That little cash fund was my spending money all thru college. The Panama City trips... paid for by the cows, Christmas outings...the cows. Thanks to good investments in the early '90s I still have a little cow money left that I can use for whatever I want to. So when Carter was born I asked my parents if he could have a cow of his own. His and Millie's first Christmas present from Nana and Pop was a calf that was born closest to their birthday. Carter's is a cute easily identifiable cow that he calls Bess. Bess's first calf was ready for sale this summer. Carter got to go with Nana and Pop to the salebarn and watch the whole process unfold. And then he got his first cowcheck in the mail. Nana wants to keep a file of a picture of each kiddo with each cowcheck. This is Carter's first picture, he is very proud.

No comments: