Sunday, February 04, 2007

Millie - 5 Months






I'm a couple of days early with the 5 months pics, but it's Sunday afternoon and I had a chance. Millie is still a great baby. She could be the definition of "sleeps like a baby". She's is an all nighter and wakes up smiling. Just this week she has discovered her feet. She loves holding things and will try to grab anything that's in her line of sight. She wants to chew on things all the time so we try to make sure she always has a taggie or something to hold on to and chew on. (Thanks Tara for her great taggie, Millie LOVES it!!) Millie has a couple of preferences and she can make life miserable if you don't know what they are...She wants to be held facing out. I just hold her with my arm across her belly and she checks everything out. Being cuddled is not her thing. She also must have a blanket or something soft in her face to go to sleep. She can be screaming and you just give her a blanky to rub on her face and she's instantly peaceful.


It constantly amazes me how different two kids can be. Carter has been a cuddler since day one! Lately if one of us is trying to get him do something he doesn't want to do (like change a diaper...) he'll use the line "cuddle with Mommy/Daddy" he knows it will get us almost everytime. I figure I better enjoy it while it lasts. Our biggest issue with Carter right now is that he is totally opposed to 'personal care'. A haircut or a nail trimming is equal to certain death, in his eyes. I've got to take him to get a haircut this week, I think I'm going to start a rotation of hairdressers so that no one will have to be subjected to his screaming very often. My mom has been cutting it, but it seems cruel to put Nana through the torture. I'm sure he thinks he's the one being tortured!!

That's a lot of rambling, but if I don't write down what's going on at the moment it will all be a blur in a matter of weeks. Enjoy the pics!

3 comments:

tleaf10 said...

she is just too cute!
-Terri

Anonymous said...

what a cutie! so there is hope for having a good sleeper. that's good to know.

shannon

Anonymous said...

She is such a little doll! Mackenzie never liked to be cuddled either so just cuddle Carter to death. - Kelly Reddin